ACC Vision and Mission
The Alpine Club of Canada is guided by the following Vision, Mission and Values statements. These represent the principles and beliefs of the ACC, going back over 100 years. These statements were formally adopted in December of 2014 and updated in 2016.
To bring together, and give voice to, Canada’s mountaineering community.
The Alpine Club of Canada promotes alpine experiences, knowledge and culture; responsible access; and excellence in mountain skills and leadership.
We as a community:
- Affirm the intrinsic value of mountain regions and mountain sports to the human spirit.
- Willingly share our knowledge of the mountain environment and recreational best practices with others.
- Endeavour to conduct ourselves safely in the mountain environment at all times.
- Have a responsibility to continue to increase our knowledge of the alpine environment, and to minimize our impact upon it.
- Recognize that personal fulfillment in the outdoors has diverse expressions, but a common foundation in personal responsibility.
- Are mindful and respectful of our history and legacy.
The following goals represent ideal states for the ACC, to be continually pursued:
- ENHANCE our capacity to meet member needs, engage more volunteers, strengthen membership stability and reach out to our youth.
- ADVANCE our financial sustainability to ensure we have the means to expand our facilities and programs.
- EXPAND networks and communications to build public awareness and support membership growth.
- IMPROVE how we do things and how we work together.
The ACC bylaws are available here – ACC Bylaws (October 2021)
The ACC’s original constitution from 1906 is available here –ACC Constitution 1906