October 13, 2006 Board Policy for Persons Under the Age of Majority:
Any participant in activities sponsored by The Alpine
Club of Canada is required to sign the Release of Liability, Waiver
of All Possible Claims, and Assumption of Risk ("the Release").
The importance of this document to The Alpine Club of Canada cannot
Waiver (in English)
Waiver (en francais)
- Read and understand the Release before signing
and dating it. This Release is easy to read and is available in French
and English. If you do not sign and submit the Release, you will not
be able to participate in your chosen activity.
- If you have any questions about the meaning of
the Release, ask for assistance from the national office of The Alpine
Club of Canada and they will be able to explain the document in detail.
- You cannot change any terms of the Release prior
to signing it.
- The witness to your signature must be a non-family
member. It is preferred that the witness is an Alpine Club member,
volunteer or employee. Each witness should confirm that you have read
and understood the Release.
- Do not rush through reading the Release - leave
yourself ample opportunity to read and understand its terms in advance
of your chosen activity.
- If you refuse to sign the Release, you will not
be able to participate in the chosen activity.
If you cannot open the PDF file, please contact
The Alpine Club of Canada:
Crystal Como, Mountain Adventures Coordinator at .
- Phone 403 678 3200,
- Fax 403 678 3224
- Regular mail at P.O. Box 8040, Canmore, Alberta T1W 2T8